Tonight is definitely a must-win for the Celtics. To be honest, if they don't win, they will need to win all three at home (unlikely) and win a game 6 or 7 in MSG which is almost impossible. Game 1 wasn't a must win, but I really wish they stole it.
The single most reason why the Celtics didn't win game 1 is because they died out in the 4th quarter. They just got tired. So who is to blame? Doc Rivers. He has to make better subs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to preserve the Pierce/Garnett combo for the 4th quarter. That's all Doc's fault. Also, I think the Celtics really missed Ray Allen last night as much as I hate to say it. He could have easily given them 15 points and hit a couple threes to silence the roaring crowd that sounded like 10,000 college kids hyped up on beer, red bull, and mountain dew.
The Celtics will win game 2 because:
- The bench won't go 0-7
- Jason Terry will play better and hopefully make a clutch shot down the stretch
- Pierce will have a MUCH better and efficient shooting night
- KG will hopefully get out of his sudden funk and own Kenyon Martin
- KG and The Truth know how important this game is and they will play it like it's a game 7.
- Melo will be flustered by the Celtics' all around defense on him when he's in a isolation situation.
- Jason Kidd simply won't be as good as he was in the 4th quarter last game.
This game is definitely going to be a nail biter and it has the potential to be very entertaining to watch, even more than the new "Office that airs tonight. I want to see KG try to get in Melo's head a little bit more than the 1st game. We'll see!
FINAL SCORE: BOS:91 NYK: 89