Tuesday, April 1, 2014

BREAKING NEWS: Rajon Rondo to Retire and Pursue Career in Broadcasting


In an abrupt decision, Rajon Rondo has announced his retirement from basketball at the prime age of 28. Rondo informed the team Tuesday morning and will officially announce the news in a press conference on Wednesday. "I'm tired of it", said Rondo according to team sources on Tuesday morning. "I don't like to lose. I can't handle being on a rebuilding team. I've dealt with it through out the season but I've had enough. I'm retiring from the NBA for good and that's that. Also, I had the most fun in my life yesterday when I called the game against the Bulls. I'm going to shoot for Tommy's job as color-commentator." Rondo was averaging 11.5 points, 9.5 assists, and 5.0 rebounds since his return. He finishes his career having averaged 11.1 points, 8.4 assists, and 4.6 rebounds. Rondo also said that he has nothing against the organization or it's fans, but he just can't handle the situation, "I don't have anything against this wonderful organization. I loved being here and the fans are great. Boston was and will always be my home. I just don't want to be here right now. I didn't go to another team because I didn't want to spit on the faces of all these fans. I'd rather retire than do that". The Celtics currently hold a 23-51(.311) record and are out of playoff contention. This was just the second time Rondo has missed out on the playoffs in his career, the first being his rookie year. Rondo finishes his 8 year career having won the NBA championship once. He was also named to 4 all-star teams and 2 NBA All-Defensive Team honors. The Assist King has lead the league in assists 2 times. It's hard to tell where Rondo will head to from here. He is only 28 years old. In the past, he has expressed interest in becoming a commentator and coach. Wherever Rondo goes from here, I wish him the best, but we all must remember one thing...... APRIL FOOLS

No comments:

Post a Comment