Thursday, April 18, 2013

Western Conference Playoff Predictions

Using the "Danny Emerman NBA Playoff Theory", which you can find in one of my previous posts, I will predict the first round games of the Western Conference NBA Playoffs....

Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets

This is my favorite matchup of the whole playoffs because James Harden has so much to prove to his former team. This series is the ultimate "F-U" round for Harden because he wants payback and he wants it bad. The Rockets can score with ease and I think they will challenge OKC. But in the end, the Thunder will be too much to handle.

OKC THUNDER WIN IN 6 GAMES

San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Lakers

The Lakers are the most talked about 7 seed ever. By far. I think they are a very good team, even without Kobe Bryant. This series is all about health and injuries. If the Spurs get healthy and somehow stay healthy, they shouldn't have a problem handling the Lakers in at most 6 games. But, I don't think that they will stay healthy. Ginobili and Parker are just too banged up and I think that the Lakers will outlast the Spurs and pull out the upset...

LA LAKERS WIN IN 7 GAMES

Denver Nuggets vs Golden State Warriors

Even without Danilo Galinari, the Nuggets are still the superior team. Stephen Curry will have two or three ridiculous games, but those are the only games that the Warriors have a chance in.

DENVER NUGGETS WIN IN 5 GAMES

Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers

This is an intriguing matchup because of how these teams have played each other in the regular season. I personally have not jumped on the Clippers bandwagon and I don't think they have an even above average half court offense so I don't think they will win this series. The Grizzlies are a much more physical team that rebounds and does all of the fundamentals right. That's a recipe for success. Tony Allen will shut down whoever he's guarding and that will really hurt the Clippers.

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES WIN IN 6 GAMES

That's it for the first round of the western conference finals! We'll see what happens. Tune in for the eastern conference which will be posted before Saturday. If you disagree with any of my points or picks, please feel free to email me at dannyemerman@hotmail.com. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment