Friday, January 10, 2014

Marshon Brooks Update:

Photo Courtesy of nba.com

After being sent to the NBA Development League, the Boston Celtics feel that Marshon Brooks has developed mentally and skill-wise. In three games with the Maine Red Claws, the 6'5 guard-forward averaged an impressive 27.4 points, 6 rebounds, 4.4 assists.

In his Red Claws debut, Brooks was in "F-U Mode" and scored 27 points. This goes to show how much talent is actually in the NBA. Those guys are the best in the world and even the guys who are barely in the league can dominate essentially anyone in the world. Marshon Brooks never got off the bench in Boston and he absolutely took the D-League, one step down, by storm.

At first, Brooks didn't like the idea of being demoted to the D-League, but he now understands the decision made by coach Brad Stevens to be sent down.

 “It was good for me to work out the rust. I definitely needed it,” Brooks said Friday at a San Francisco hotel, where the Boston Celtics held shootaround prior to a road tilt against the Golden State Warriors. “I wasn’t in as good a shape as I thought I was; [I] caught myself being a little tired at times, especially playing against some of those guys that were very physical with me. But I think it was exactly what I needed.”
He added, “Initially (getting assigned to Boston’s D-League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws) was tough a little. But I got over it within 15 minutes. I talked to my agency and they thought it was best for me as well. So I just swallowed my pride and just went down there and handled my business.”

Brooks was recalled back to the Celtics' roster yesterday, January 9, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment