Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Preview: Boston @ Los Angeles


Doc Rivers will be facing his former team for the second time this season.
(Photo Courtesy of Jared Wickerham/Getty Images.)

Doc Rivers will take on his former team once again, as the Clippers will host the Celtics tonight in LA. The last time these two teams met, LA had the upper-hand as they beat the Celtics at TD Garden, 96-88.

Rivers wanted no part of the Celtics rebuild, so he Danny Ainge traded him to LA in exchange for future draft picks. Even thought he isn't with Boston anymore Rivers will always be a Celtic,

“I don’t give a (expletive) what I do the rest of my life, I’m always going to be a Celtic,” he said. “It’ll never go away. I don’t give a (expletive) what I do. I think even if I win 10 championships here, it’s different when you win with the Celtics. There are only a few organizations in sports that have that history and have that following, and I was with one for nine years.”

With Doc in LA, Celtics fans now rely on Brad Stevens to lead the team to victory. It has been a roller-coaster ride for the Celtics this season, as they started the season 0-4, then proceeded to win their next 4, then losing their next 6. After the Celtics 129-98 L to Denver on Tuesday, Brad Stevens said,
"Tonight's just not good enough. It's not good enough. We're going to have to play really well to beat these teams on the road. Everybody's going to have to play close to an A game, and that's everybody. Today was disappointing. That's two in a row that's pretty disappointing. " 

The C's are currently riding a 5 game losing streak.  They now have the 10th seed in the East, after having the 4th seed just a couple of weeks back.

Meanwhile, The Clippers have won 3 of their last 4, including a 101-81 W vs Orlando on Monday. Darren Collison filled in for an injured Chris Paul, who is out 6 weeks with a shoulder injury. Collison finished with 21 points, and 7 assists. Blake Griffin had 16 points and 8 rebounds. Collison had this to say after his good game,

"I'm just going to play my game. You can't be Chris Paul.....I've got to play my game, do what I do best"

Chris Paul is currently out 6 weeks with a shoulder injury. He was injured Friday against the Mavs after being fouled by Monta Ellis. 

I predict the Celtics will continue their struggles in this West Coast road-trip. They have just been playing poorly ever since Jordan Crawford started playing like Jordan Crawford again. They have been terrible on the road this season with a 5-12 record. To make matters worse, LA has a 9-0 record when they lead after the first quarter. 



PREDICTED FINAL SCORE:

LAC- 104
BOS- 92

No comments:

Post a Comment