The Boston Celtics fell to the Minnesota Timberwolves 106-88. Although they fought hard, the Celtcs couldn't get the job done in Minnesota because of the lack of transition defense. Boston truly had no answer for the Timberwolves run n' gun offense, but some Boston individuals like Avery Bradley really stood out in the tough loss.
- Guard Avery Bradley scored 27 points with 3 rebounds in 36 minutes. His point total was a career high for the young defensive specialist. (See other post)
- Forward Brandon Bass scored 15 points with 7 rebounds and 3 assists in 30 minutes of play in Saturday nights loss. Bass continued his solid play in this game while being a strong presence down low against the highly skilled Minnesota frontcourt of Love and Pekovic.
- In 29 minutes of play Jordan Crawford scored 10 points along with 3 rebounds and 5 assists. (See Jordan Crawford post)
- Vitor Faverani had nine points and 14 rebounds. Brad Stevens penciled in Vitor's name in the starting lineup today, and Faverani really was up to the challenge; he played great. His standout play was his chase-down block in the second quarter.
- Power Forward Jared Sullinger had just three points in 14 minutes. His performance was very disappointing because he had such a great game yesterday against the Magic in his first game back from a minor back injury. Sully had 26 points and 8 rebounds in that contest.
- Small Forward Jeff Green did not play well only scoring 2 points with 7 rebounds and a assist and making 0/6 field goals in 30 minutes of play. Boston's 22 turnovers led to 28 points for the Timberwolves.
The Celtics have lost three in a row following a four-game winning streak. Courtney Lee, sore right wrist, and Keith Bogans, illness, missed the game for the Celtics. With the loss, the Celtics now fall to 4-7 and have fallen to fourth place in the Atlantic Division behind the Brooklyn Nets.